Is your backyard summer ready?
Are you tired of your drab backyard and pool area that doesn’t quite keep up with the Jones’?
It’s not too late to get your backyard into pristine condition. With a little help from RP Gas Piping, you can transform your boring backyard into a beautiful oasis where you can sit and sip a glass of wine while entertaining guests or watching the kids have fun in the pool.
1. Add a natural gas pool heater to your swimming pool: A gas pool heater can make a big difference to your enjoyment of your outdoor pool, year round.
- An electric heater takes up to 24 hours to heat a pool, whereas a gas pool heater takes about half that!
- Natural gas is a cheaper green energy source. The cost to heat a pool using natural gas as opposed to an electric pool heater is usually much less. It all depends on the price of gas.
- Gas pool heaters maintain a consistent water temperature more reliably than other types of heaters. They can be set to hold a specific temperature.
- Both natural gas and propane gas are clean, abundant, and affordable fuel sources.
2. Add atmosphere to your backyard seating area with a gas fire feature: There’s nothing cozier than an outdoor gas fireplace or fire pit as twilight sets in and the air picks up a slight chill. Adding a unique backyard fire feature will make you the envy of the neighbours!
Fire glass can also be added to enhance a gas fireplace or fire pit. Small stone-shaped pieces of glass crystals are specially treated so they do not char, fade, or emit any toxins. Fire glass can be arranged within the fire pit or fireplace, and comes in a variety of colors to suit your style and preference. Once the fire is lit, the fire glass will refract and glow in the light of the fire creating a beautiful, soft ambiance—plus, you don’t have to deal with the smoke of a natural fire!
Outdoor natural gas or propane gas fire features can easily be added to homes, even if you do not already have gas pipelines installed. However it should be done by a licensed gas pipeline company with the experience necessary to guarantee a safe and worry-free gas pipe installation.
3. Cook meals on an outdoor BBQ Grill: Natural gas BBQ grills are better for the environment and you don’t get as much exhaust as you do from the burning of propane, charcoal or wood.
There are also many advantages to cooking with natural gas. Running a natural gas line to your BBQ grill means you won’t need to constantly refill a propane tank, and you’ll find you spend a fraction of the price on fuel costs. If you already have a propane grill that you don’t want to replace, there are ways to convert your propane grill to a natural gas grill, and RP Gas Piping can help. If you’re buying your first grill, or a new one, take your time choosing the right BBQ for your needs.
4. Install a natural gas patio heater: While a gas fireplace is beautiful and can generate a lot of heat, sometimes it’s not quite enough and isn’t practical for heating parts of the patio such as the dining area. That’s when natural gas patio heaters can make a difference. There are several benefits to gas patio heaters:
- They are easy to use and maintain
- Natural gas patio heaters are a very low cost fuel option and you’ll never run out (if you’ve had a natural gas pipeline installed)
- They can produce a full range of heat instantly
- They are a permanent, reliable, instant heat source for your outdoor space
There are a large range of sizes of gas patio heaters available, from wall-mounted units to full-size ground mounted units, so you’re bound to find the perfect one to suit your needs.
5. Consider creating ambiance with lighting: Aside from the light that is projected from your gas fireplace, additional gas lighting can transform your backyard, creating a serene space for you to unwind when the sun has gone down.
- Gas lamps: Depending on your style, an old fashioned gas lamp can be the finishing touch to your outdoor space. They aren’t readily available, but manufacturers can configure a custom lamp for your unique space, giving you a wide range of mounts, light sources, assemblies, finials, glass and finishes to choose from.
- Gas tiki torches: A simple and practical gas lit torch can add light, warmth, and a tropical feel to your yard. Natural gas torches do not have to be refilled and can be turned on or off at the flip of a switch.
RP Gas Piping can help prepare your backyard for summer!
At RP Gas Piping, we are experts at installing backyard features. If a gas line isn’t already available for any of the above, contact RP Gas Piping and we can install one for you!
If you found this article useful, here are three more you might also enjoy:
- Adding a natural gas pool heater to your swimming pool
- The advantages of cooking with natural gas
- Choosing the right outdoor grill